To obtain the stock Boot.img file for Huawei smartphones, extract the update.app file. Although you can grab the boot.img with above steps but this file maybe of no use. Because Samsung use Odin to flash firmware or recover and Odin only accept .md5 format. Even to root your Galaxy device with Magisk, you need to patch “AP_xxx.tar” via Magisk.
If you are a rooted user, you can easily extract Boot.img directly from device without downloading full firmware. Users who have TWRP installed will not need to download the complete firmware. They may easily obtain the boot.img file from their device’s firmware. This approach is also not device-specific; you can use it on any device that has TWRP installed. Installing TWRP recovery is the most important aspect of installing custom roms.
- Knowing that you can easily revert back to the original ROM, you should have no worries about trying out new ROM.
- You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC.
- Once you do, you only need to focus on saving your downloaded media files elsewhere, such as photos or videos.
- Google now offers a new beta app for Windows called Nearby Share, allowing you to send files wirelessly between your Windows PC and Android phone.
- Now firmware, close the SP Flash tool and unplug your smartphone.
- You’ll be good to go once it shows the Backup complete message.
Droid Explorer will do full backups of the device and save them in %USERPROFILE%\Android Backups. Within that folder is a folder named for the device, and inside that folder are the backups. Second, on your PC from the command prompt you will need to be able to locate both the adb command and your backup file. The easiest way to do this is to run the adb command from the directory where adb is located. For 4.0+ devices there is a solution called “adb backup”. This means that the application has taken the full Android backup of your device. Go to adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools folder and open command promt here.
- There are a few ways to backup and restore app data without root.
- Check our Full video guide for how to use SmartPhone flash recovery software.
- It offers easy installation, management and can also hide root status from root-detecting apps.
- Once uploaded, your files are conveniently kept in one place where you can organize them how you like.
- The application will automatically detect your phone and provide different options.
Once your device is rooted, some apps like Titanium Backup can be downloaded. These users perform an official update to a new Android verison but dislike the new verison or try new custom ROMs and want to get back to the old one they used to use. Some users’ device have some problems and need to have it fixed through flash. Therefore, to backup the stock ROM or system data would be urgent for them. In order to backup system data, rooting is an important way that must be done to your Android device. You could directly get the boot and vendor_boot.img files from here without downloading the firmware. But first, make sure that it matches the firmware version that is currently installed on your device.