Fashion Creative Direction course
This course is a specialization master that has been designed for those who already have bases in Fashion Design and aspire to become creative director in fashion.
From the design of the concept of a collection to that of the exhibition space, from marketing campaigns to the fashion show, the creative director’s mission is to define the personality of a brand and everything that is inherent to its image is his responsibility.
Its purpose is to be able to universally convey the emotional value of a brand and to retain target customers through an adequate storytelling that is based on commercial and communication strategies, therefore creativity, organizational skills and leadership are indispensable skills that will be stimulated during the master of specialization.
8 months (400 hours)
First year dates:
24/10/2023 – 07/2024
Tuesdays to Fridays
mixed 9.30 to 6 pm
Via S. Marta 18, Milano
The main objectives of the fashion creative director are:
- Creative Direction: strengthen or recreate the aesthetics of a brand through the development of concepts, inspirations and colors based on what the market requires. Trend analysis and reprocessing. Communication of strategies to the design team who will develop the collection. Supervision and control of the various design and production phases, of the global image of the brand including the layout of the stores;
- Trend Forecasting: being able to predict the trends of a specific season many months in advance. This is a very important analysis that is done before the design of each collection. Predicting a fashion means predicting the mood, behavior and purchasing habits of consumers in a given seasonal period;
- Innovative Fashion Design & Personal Label: designing a personal collection and a new Label that contains originality and innovation;
- Materials and Fabrics: to search for excellence and the best technological innovations in terms of materials and fabrics;
- Fashion & Luxury Culture: analyze international fashion and study the behavioral differences of consumers according to different cultures. The international value of Made in Italy and Made in France will be explored;
- Fashion Marketing and Retail Strategies: tune the identity of the company and the product with the customer and his loyalty;
- Brand Strategies: construction or consolidation of the brand identity and its expansion in international markets or in different product segments;
- Comunication Management: planning and supervision of advertising campaigns and all on-line and off-line events and comunication activities.
The course is structured in three modules (Creative Direction and Fashion Design, Brand Management, Comunication Strategies), each of which allows you to develop different skills:
- The Creative Direction module is carried out in collaboration with the style studio of Cristiano Burani (famous Italian designer who has been showing in Milan Fashion Week for several years) and deals with the entire creative and organizational process that leads to the design of the collection in a practical and realistic way: conception, visualization, briefing and implementation of a concept, analysis of trends, research of colors, materials and fabrics through the meeting with suppliers, transformation of an inspiration into a fashion collection. Creating a portfolio at the end of the module.
- The Brand Management module addresses the study and analysis of the market, the development and positioning of the brand and outlines the deep connection between designer and brand. All participants will be led to draw up a brand identity strategy for their final collection;
- The Comunication Strategies module allows participants to understand how to plan an advertising campaign and a press campaign through the most appropriate and innovative communication channels. Some lessons will also be dedicated to Personal Effectiveness to improve leadership, public speaking and presentation skills.
What will you become
With our specialization course in creative director for fashion you will receive a complete theoretical and practical training that will allow you to test your skills as a creative and image consultant and start the career of your dreams.
Requirements for admission
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate can come from any school or university (Bachelor’s degree) preferably with a Fashion Design address, or has experience in the sector and wishes to become the creative director or image consultant of a fashion or luxury brand.
The course has a limited number and candidates will be selected on the basis of:
- course of study (post-diploma training or work experience in the sector);
- age over 18;
- orientation interview.
Costs and registration
Annual fee (enrollment + school fee)
Registration fee: € 1.200
Tuition fee: € 10.800
Possibility of zero-rate installments with Deutsche Bank loan.
See the call for scholarships.
Exams and certification
The exam will take place before a Commission composed of resident and external teachers and will take place in the following ways:
- Written or oral exams (theoretical-cultural subjects);
- Written and elaborate reports (required in some study areas);
- Final project (Presentation of a mini collection).
The course to become creative director of fashion includes a single session of exams at the end of the course, after which it will be possible to obtain a master’s degree with the final evaluation obtained by the participant.
How to access the orientation interview
If you are interested in becoming a fashion artistic director and want to know more details about our school, fill out the form and we will contact you as soon as possible to answer your questions, or to schedule an interview in which we will be able to recommend the course that best suits your expectations.